How much is a cavity filling without insurance?

Hey there,
How much will it cost to fix my cavities? I have insurance, but it mostly covers preventive care. I found out I have two cavities, and it seems they usually cost between $30 and $50 each to fix. So, fixing both shouldn’t cost more than $100.

But my dentist said fixing each cavity with porcelain material would be $75. Porcelain is supposed to be the best quality.

Should I pay more for the best material, or should I try to lower the cost? If I can’t afford porcelain, is it okay to go for a cheaper material like composite-resin? Is it worth it to spend more for a better filling for my cavity?

Cheap is expensive therefore I recommend that you go for porcelain which costs around $75.
One advantage of porcelain is that they are of good quality hence durable. They also blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, making them an excellent choice for visible areas.

It’s a good idea to carefully weigh your options. Even if porcelain fillings are of higher quality, price is an issue. Consider your insurance coverage, dental needs, and finances. Composite-resin fillings are less costly and more long-lasting. Make your oral health a priority while staying within your means to ensure the best long-term treatment possible.